Monday, October 18, 2010

VANDAAG

http://www.vandaagnyc.com/
I've finally feasted at Vandaag. Well, not really a feast, a mini one, a teeny feast for one. Alas, I had to dine solo, which being alone isn't the problem, I like eating alone, as its always a deliberation whether to dig into your food whilst the other person is sharing a heartfelt experience; your hand and fork are suspended in mid-air while your mouth fills with saliva and your mind is thinking 'do I take a bite? is it rude to shove food down my mouth? can't I just listen and chew?' The problem though here is this...its a place where you go with company, so you can try THEIR food too, or do what I like best, order for everyone and share, sharing is caring as I always explain to them. How obnoxious am I? Eh, at least my Dad thinks I'm adorable. Anyhoo, Vandaag's lighting and ambiance is adequate for the 'Yes, just ONE' experience...
Below are a few pictures, I ordered the seasonal pickle pot and  the Delicata Squash-Langoustines, Wild Arugula. Scrumptious. I won't even bother to write anymore about the place, Here's a far better review than I could ever write... Give it up for Mr. Sam Sifton ladies and gents http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/reviewing-vandaag/


p.s Great cocktail list and good tunes playing with a great bar to enjoy both.
p.p.s Sam Sifton. In a nut shell, probably hates McNally but loves Batali. See the Sifty-Fifty http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=1751753371453043492&postID=279036246667835419

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Vandaag, I've been there a few times & love the place.

    ReplyDelete