Monday, October 18, 2010

Moustache Pitza

http://www.moustachepitza.com/index.shtml
Middle Eastern food done real - good and above all cheap, as middle eastern food should be.
Located in the oh-so quaint Bedford street of the W.Vill (its also in the E.Vill, but sometimes you just need to get away from the aggressive homeless people and the rough-edged youngsters...just sometimes. Also the venue is a little nicer and larger in the west village). And there is absolutely no need to schlep to the East Harlem location, nooooooo need at ALL.
Now lets get down to business, food business. Their green salad with fetta, very similar to the village salads of Greek tavernas was fresh and flavourful; juicy cucumbers, crunchy and watery (just like I like 'em) and tomatoes with artichokes and pickled hot green peppers with black olives (I'd devoured half of it before I remembered to take a picture, so the photo doesn't do the salad justice). Oh, and onions too, a bit too much of them, but it adds to the flavour, just avoid talking to anyone in a very close vicinity afterward; respect their personal space and their sense of smell.

The armenian dish of Lahambajin was delectable, the crust was thin and just crispy enough to complement the marinated lamb mince and spices and the falafels dipped in tahini sauce, Y-u-mmy. No ShitShow here my friends



I topped that all off with a turkish coffee.
Being the greedy girl I am, I couldn't help my self staring at what others ordered, and it all looked so good... oh the grilled baby lamb ribs! the Ouzi specialty! I had to scold and control my self and look at my own plates, which emptied rather quickly. Nothing sadder than an empty plate.

2 comments:

  1. So I took your advice and ventured over to this place you call the Moustache... I brought with me a beautiful Greek girl, maybe she is aliitle Armenian as well , but whatever the case, she seemed to have ordered pretty much the same items mentioned here! The setting was charming and tranqill, and sharing a cig before the meal was quite enjoyable, gazeing down the allure of Bedford street, seemed to have captured the setting for a little mid day Lahambajin... And by the way, my grandmother use to always say, nothing made her happier then an Empty plate!!! You keep doing what your doing young lady, and I will keep on keeping on...I appreciate your honest and accurate reviews, and can't wait to see what comes next...

    Just steer me away from the Shit Show, because I've been there before... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Anonymous thank you for your kind comments and I appreciate that you keep on keeping on.
    May I add that, I would very like to meet this lady friend of yours as she sounds like a super cool chick. Her and I probably have a lot in common...

    ReplyDelete