Monday, August 23, 2010

TUNE

MGMT
I loved them as soon as I heard "Kids". I even remember the day, I had the radio playing at work and the tune came on "de de de de deerede de de" (you know what I'm talking about) and I thought "WHO the hell IS this" I dropped the files I was filing, run to the radio saw 'MGMT' and youtubed, and then I saw the video, read the little story about the French president using it as his campaign song and not really paying them for it. THEN I heard "Electric Feel", I had officially fallen in love. Now, to be honest, the album "Congratulations" isn't up to par to "Oracular Spectacular", but how can it? The latter, is an album of some of the best tunes of this decade.

I just saw them 08.17.2010, alone, at Radio City Music Hall (picture above), eh, not my favourite venue for listening to a band, but, if you feel like you'd rather sit than not have your own space, and move around freely, then this is your sort of place.

MGMT, what a band.

Have a listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment