Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CONGEE BOWERY Restaurant and Bar

Congee Bowery; My favourite Chinese joint in the city.  Always impresses Chinese food lovers.The menu is extensive and pretty darn authentic, as far as we westerner's Know, anyway. But you know what sets this joint apart from the other good Chinese joints, it's the location. Its on the Bowery (closer to E.Houston than Canal), thus close to Nolita, LES, E.Vill... not in the heart of China Town, where there is Fuck-all to do afterwards, except for going to Apotheke.
Here, I suggest you order yourself some Peking Style Pork Chops (see picture) they are the BOLLOCKS!

Then, after the Chinese food, hop on down to Freemans (two minutes away) for a Freemans Cocktail... ha! me and this bloody cocktail should get a room together.. I know, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment